Wednesday 14 August 2013

Wishlist Wednesday (#3)

This week on my wishlist Wednesday, I couldn't choose only one so I picked two books this week.


Title: The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
Author: Barbara Robinson
Published:1972
Put out again by HarperCollins in 2005
128 pages

The Herdmans are the worst kids in the history of the world. They lie, steal, smoke cigars, swear, and hit little kids. So no one is prepared when this outlaw family invades church one Sunday and decides to take over the annual Christmas pageant.

None of the Herdmans has ever heard the Christmas story before. Their interpretation of the tale -- the Wise Men are a bunch of dirty spies and Herod needs a good beating -- has a lot of people up in arms. But it will make this year's pageant the most unusual anyone has seen and, just possibly, the best one ever.



Title: The Best Halloween Ever
Author: Barbara Robinson
Published: 2004 by HarperCollins
144 pages

The Herdmans plus Halloween have always spelled disaster
Every Halloween, the six Herdman kids steal candy, spray-paint other kids, and take everything that isn't nailed down. And this year promises to be the same, until the Mayor decides to up and cancel Halloween. True, that means there'd be no Herdman trouble to contend with, but that also means no candy, no costumes, and no trick-or-treating! Is it possible that the Herdmans themselves could make what looks like a horrible Halloween into the best one ever?





I remember when I was younger, my mom used to read The Best Christmas Pageant Ever to me and Marissa. It really brings back old memories for me. I recently found out there were a few more in the series. I would really like to find these and read them this year.

2 comments:

  1. I've read the Christmas ... And it was really cute didn't realize there was a Halloween one will have to check out the library

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found both of them from my local library! I will be reading them and posting reviews around Halloween and Christmas time. I am so excited. Although eventually I would like to buy both of them to have on my shelf :)

      Delete