Tuesday 10 September 2013

Tag (#2) - Genres Tag

I’m not entirely sure who this tag was created by, but basically they give you genres and you just say your favorite books or series in that genre. So here we go!

Young Adult:
1. The Grisha series by Leigh Bardugo. Book number one being Shadow and Bone and book number two being Siege And Storm. This series is absolutely amazing. Every little aspect of it is so well put together and all of the characters are phenomenal!
2. The Tigers Curse series by Colleen Houck. This series gives me ALL the feels. Plays with my heart strings. Again I am in love with all of the characters, although sometimes I want to smack the main character, Kelsey, over the head.
Honourable mention to The Selection series by Kiera Cass which I also really enjoy.

Fantasy:
1. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. This is the first in the series of A Song of Ice and Fire. It is the only one that I’ve read but I cannot wait to continue on with this series.
2. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. I am only currently reading this and am about halfway through but it is blowing my mind so far. No doubt about it it’s going to be in my top favourites.

Science Fiction:
1. The Across the Universe series by Beth Revis. I have yet to read the final instalment in the series but I can’t wait to see how it turns out.
2. The Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer. I’ve been in love with this series since I’ve been in high school! I still have to read the last two in the series.

Romance:
1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Come on, who doesn’t like this one.
2. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I wasn’t sure if I should add this in romance, but why not. Heart wrenching novel.

Dystopian:
1. The Delirium series by Lauren Oliver. Still need to get my hands on the final book.
2. The Matched series by Ally Condie. I wasn’t overly happy with the turnout of this series, but it was still alright nonetheless.

Children’s:
1. A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. I loved reading these in junior high.
2. The 39 Clues series by various authors. This is such a fun series and it really transports you all over the world. Quick, light and fun reads.

Classic:
1. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. Absolutely adored this one.
2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I don’t know if most people would classify this as a classic, but I am.

Play:
I’ve only read Shakespeare.
1. The Tempest.
2. Macbeth.

Horror:
1. The Devouring by Simon Holt. This scared me, a lot. I can’t wait to read the sequel this October.
2. Ten by Gretchen McNeil. A retelling of Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None.

Paranormal:
1. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris. The first in the Sookie Stackhouse series. I’ve only read the first and am planning to continue in October.
2. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. I’ve read the first two and really really need to continue on.

Crime:
1. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. I need to finish this series.
2. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. If you have read this book, then you’ll know what I mean when I say THAT ENDING, what even.

Manga:
1. Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya. I’ve only read 6/23 but they are so adorable. I just love them.
2. Vampire Knight by Matsuri Hino. A really cool storyline. I’ve only read volume 1 but can’t wait to continue on.

Have you read any of these? What are some of your favorites within these genres? If you do this tag post your link so I can see yours answers as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment